Let's switch it up --- My relationship with Time

Time and I...have never really been friends.

It used to be that I was always rushing Time...ready for the next exciting thing to happen or take place.

Then I had a baby and I realized just how cruel Time can be.

You see (especially if you are a mother), I went from always rushing Time. To begging Time to slow down.

I went from not caring how fast Time would go by because it meant leisure or fun. To wishing Time would creep by even when things were tough.

Having a child has taught me so many things. More than I can even write about. But the number one thing it has taught me...is that Time is precious. sacred. to be valued. to be respected. to be cherished. 

I look at my one-year-old daughter. It's crazy because I can see the little baby she once was just a year ago when she entered this big ole world. But I can also imagine the little girl, teenager, and one day way too soon, adult, she will one day be. I can imagine this because I wish her all the time in the world. All the time to do great things, experience much, and just enjoy her life. As I look at her, I get excited at everything I will get to experience with her, should God allow it. I anticipate her first steps that will happen so very soon. I anticipate her first sentence. Her first "I love you, mama." I anticipate all these little firsts because thinking about my baby growing and flourishing and then, being able to witness it, is well...exciting. In these moments, Time and I are friends who yearn to enjoy what's to come.

But then I realize, I am just wishing away my time with her. I am wishing her grown. I am rushing Time. Then I become greedy and selfish. I long to keep her at the moment she is in. Or just for one second, I long to be able to snap my finger and take us back to the first time I held her or the moment where she would still let me rock her to sleep in my arms. In these moments, I despise Time. I hate it for not slowing down or being able to let me hit the pause button when I wish to so that I can soak in these moments just a bit longer.



That's where Time and I, wage against one another. One minute I love seeing my baby grow and see how time changes her. But then I realize I am slowing losing what I love or have grown used to. I realize I am being forced to transition into a new season of her life again and again, and as much as I love it...I also hate it. Because it all leads to one thing....letting go.

It's inevitable. The time will come where you have to let your little one go. It starts from the day they are born. Every time they hit a milestone or learn something new...they let go a little more and as mama's, we are forced to let go too.

Despite this love/hate relationship that Time and I have...I will say what I mentioned above again. Time is precious. It is sacred. It is to be valued, respected, and cherished. Whether you are a mom or not. Enjoy every little moment. Enjoy every trial and hurtle. Enjoy every part of your journey. Take it all in and savor it.

Because when it is gone...

It's gone. 







I hope you enjoy reading this little insight into my mind as a mom just wishing for more time but at the same time yearning for all the new things to come. It's crazy how much changes when you become a mom. But despite the changes. You learn so much. Like how precious time really is. 

Enjoy every moment mama's. Time flies. 

Thanks for reading! 

Never miss another blog post! Make sure to subscribe to my blog page and you will be notified by email each time that I post a new blog. Also, be sure to follow me on social media to catch a glimpse into my daily lifestyle. Thank you for your support! 

xoxo










Comments