What if I told you I don’t want to be a mom today? - Mom life views from a mom!

 Okay...that's not true...I am grateful to be a mother. But would 2 hours to myself be too much to ask for??

Does that make me a bad mom? 

Does that mean I don’t love my baby? 

Short answer. No and no. 

That makes you human. 

            I wake up like normal. 

                      Follow my morning routine like normal. 

                            then my phone dings like normal. (Baby monitor app)

I go downstairs after cutting my morning workout short to start making a bottle. I was hoping for 10-20 more minutes just to have some time to myself, to read the book I’m working on, or just to mentally prepare for the day. (I was being selfish I guess) I get a bottle in the warmer and walk to the baby’s room. A sweet little face peeks up at me over the crib railing. Her smile is as big as the sun shining through her window. She is so happy to see me and I her. I walk over as she begins babbling “talking” to me and smiles. I reach out to pick her up and she immediately wraps me in a sweet little hug with a “mmmmmMmmm” attached. 
We continue to follow the normal morning routine that we do every morning but I begin to notice just how exhausted I am from yesterday. It’s officially the middle of the week and I honestly could chill on the couch the rest of the day binge-watching TV. But I can’t do that. The baby begins to squirm and whine to let me know she needs something else and I am immediately put to work meeting her every need. 
    
     Most days I love it. 

             Most days I don’t mind it and I’m able to get everything accomplished and some. 

                    Most days the 1,572,238 mommas don’t bother me. 

Today. 


  • I’m the one who needs a 2-3 hr nap. 


  • I’m the one who needs food served whenever I am ready for it. 


  • I’m the one who wants to just sit and cry for no reason at all with someone asking me what’s wrong and wanting to fix it. 

Every day isn’t perfect. As much as I’d love for it to look like I have it all together 24/7, I don’t. Don’t get me wrong...

I absolutely love being a mom.
 I love working from home so that I can take care of the house, the baby, and anything else. 
But sometimes...momma just needs a break from her title as (momma). 

Sometimes I just need to be lazy. 

Sometimes I just need to be me. 

Alone. 

Not needed. And just be me. 

Being a momma is hard. Rewarding. But hard.  

Moms I get it.

And it’s okay to need a break. And it's okay to take one or several. It's okay to make time for yourself and continue to do the things that you enjoy

Moms, you’re doing a great job! Don't let needing a break make you feel like you aren't.  

.....Someone is crying now....duty calls. 

#stillexhausted #nonapforme #hereforyoumommas #youcandoit 



 



Thanks for reading!!! 

Be sure to enter your email and subscribe to receive updates about new blog posts, so you never miss a thing!

Like. Comment. Share.
Thank you for your support!  

Comments