A First Mothers Day-

A First Mother’s Day-

From the moment I suspected I was pregnant, to finding out for sure. 
To watching my body grow and change as life formed inside of me. 
To the first flutter I felt that reassured me that this was real. 
To the little scares, many doctor visits, and all the ultrasounds. 
To preparing for your arrival with the baby showers, decorating your nursery, multiple trips to target and babies-r-us, washing all of those clothes, and checking off lists to make sure we were more than ready. (Although you are never really ready)
To the 3 sleepless nights leading up to your birth. 
To the painful contractions, fears of the unknown, and an experience I’ll never forget. 
To the hospital bed, 22 hours of “labor”, and pushing. 
To the moment you entered the world, were laid on my chest, and I heard your first cry. 
To the kiss your daddy gave me after we heard “she is fine”. 
To the moment I saw you laying on your daddy’s chest for the first time and then he passed you to me and we shared our first skin to skin contact. 
To admiring your beauty and how perfect you were. 
To the tears of joy and the constant “thank you God”. 
To the ride home and rocking you to sleep. 
To your first feeding and all the difficulties we experienced. 
To the messes. 
To the sleepless nights that turned into a full night sleep. 
To all the try agains. 
To watching you grow and documenting every milestone so far. 
To every babble and coo, mama, and cry. 
To every hug and to every kiss....

You gave me the gift of motherhood and every experience I’ve mentioned and more. Motherhood has changed every perspective I ever had. It has shown me true love and the meaning of sacrifice. It has tested me, as well as my faith, but altogether has made me stronger. 

Here is to you my firstborn. I am grateful to be your mother. It isn’t always easy or beautiful. But it is certainly worth every. single. moment. If I was ever unsure of anything else...the one thing I can be sure of is that I was always meant to be a mother
Being your mother is the greatest gift I could ever receive. 

Happy Mother’s Day Momma’s! ❤️


Thank you for reading! Like. Comment. Share. 



Comments