Rushing!

So it all started with some Carolina Tarheel bedroom slippers...... I just didn't realize it...



It was Sunday morning and my alarm was supposed to have went off an hour before the time I was currently waking up. My husband had to go into work for a couple hours due to his duties of requirement at the end of the month. Our plan was for  him to go in, work a few hours and then meet me and our daughter at church. I was under the impression that I could play the role of "super mom" and get both myself and our daughter ready for church, feed the 3 dogs, let them outside, put them up before our departure, pack her diaper bag, load the car, and make it to church by 11a.m. (when the service starts and still look like a presentable, living and breathing, human-being). 
Instead, here I was...waking up at 9:46a.m.! I needed a shower because let's face it, I am the mother of a 3 month old and well...I needed a shower. When I say shower, I mean the works..like the legit kind of shower where I have to wash my hair, shave my legs, wash my body, and wash my face. I'm sure you ladies can attest to the fact that we women have 3 different kinds of showers. 1. The shower I just mentioned..."the legit, put ya back into it, too much work, not enough time shower." 2. The "I'll wash my body but not my hair shower" and don't even look at the razor because I ain't about to shave, nor do I have the time. And finally, 3. the "jump in, rinse your body off, and douse ya self in perfume and spray ya head with dry shampoo shower."  I had roughly an hour before I needed to leave. Not to mention, although my little baby girl was asleep at the moment...there was no guarantee that she would stay that way the entire time that I needed her to in order to get ready and do all that I needed to do! 
Well, I chanced it anyway. I got up and jumped in the shower and did my thing without singing a tune. Once I jumped out, I made sure to put my oatmeal in the microwave and fix my coffee. I decided to blow dry my hair before putting on the dress I planned to wear. I had the straightening iron on and warming up because I was curling my hair...no matter what! I took a bite of oatmeal, sip of coffee, and would dab my makeup on. All while, tip toeing around as to not wake my sleeping child. Every time she would shuffle...I'd freeze! But I realized I was accomplishing all of my tasks. I did everything I needed to do and saved dressing my daughter to be the very last thing I would do before putting her in her car seat and leaving. I was running around like a crazy person! It was 10:45...I needed to go! 
I loaded the baby in the car, checked my mental list off as I ran to the driver side and climbed in. I started backing out and started singing along to TobyMac's "I just need U" because I did it...I was leaving...on time! 
I got down the road and turned and realized my feet were toasty and warm...sweating actually. I wiggled my toes in what I had planned to wear, which was my open toed booties, only to find that when I looked down I had on my North Carolina Tarheel bedroom slippers with the blinged-out logo and fuzzy interior! So there I was...10:52a.m.: turning around and heading back to my house to change my shoes. Surprisingly, I wasn't upset but now the race was really on! I put the car in park in our driveway, hopped out and ran inside, kicked off my slippers, threw on my booties, and ran back out to the car and jumped in. As I backed out, I got a phone call from my sweet hubby asking where I was because he had beaten me to church and was now wondering where I could be. He probably thought I never woke up and didn't get dressed and that he would be sitting with my mom, his mother-in-law...alone! (haha) I told him the low-down and still in a surprisingly great mood...I hung up the phone and continued down the road. 
As I got closer and closer to the church...I began to feel something or some one rather...speaking to me. In my thoughts, I realized that I could have rolled up to the church and rocked my blinged-out, Tarheel bedroom slippers(...after all...we all know that God is a Tarheel fan!), hairy legs, and frizzed out, unwashed hair! It was probably to everyone's benefit, including my own that I didn't...
But what I am getting at is this...God accepts us whether we are dressed in rags or decked out in name brand suits. He doesn't want our stuff...He wants "US." He wants our hearts, souls, and lives living for Him and bringing Him glory. It would have been completely fine, had I worn those Tarheel slippers to church...but thankfully God accepted me in my cute, brown booties too! 💞

Comments

Post a Comment