Top 8 Things "I didn't know would happen when I became a mom!"



      1. ALL MODESTY DISAPPEARS! So you've always been the girl who kept her butt cheeks in her pants, cleavage in your shirt, and doesn't change naked in front of no one?! Well at least since you got married...right... LOL! But here you are...in pain...doing something you've never done...room full of people...and the nurses want to stick their hand where?! OH and the kicker for my birthing experience....I went to school with the poor girl who was my nurse during part of my labor! Good times! Basically, any modesty you had left after all those violating doctors appointments since getting pregnant...completely go out the window the day you bring your baby into the world. So good luck if your determined to hold onto it at all! 
      2. Vomit, Poop, Urination... Pretty much the new topic of every discussion you're going to have. Talking to mom friends..."Yeah, Johnny's constipated. He's pooping out fully formed balls of poop at 2 months of age..." Talking to the pediatrician... "Ummm, it was really green this time, like a hunter green, or no the color of your shirt...yeah that's it!" Talking to your baby.... "Let's change that butt butt...ooooh, we have a pee pee diaper...YAY!" Talking to your hubby... "Babe...I need you to get the baby....she just spit up all over my shirt, her shirt, the carpet, the dog...you know what never mind...I'll be in the shower with the baby" 
      3. One word...HEMORRHOIDS!!!!!! Next word.... OUCH! I'm pretty sure it's a common thing among pregnant women to have a hemorrhoid experience or two during the pregnancy...but my luck..the worst of the experience happened 3 months post partum! YAY ME! Next blog..."Home remedies for Hemorrhoids..."
      4. DEBT!!!!! Now this may not be something that happens for everyone upon becoming a mother. Maybe you were in debt before becoming a mom. Maybe you are great with money and avoid this curveball. But for my husband and I...the medical bills keep coming, I'm still paying on student loans, and I have an addiction to purchasing baby clothes. So basically I need assistance with my finances and I'm playing the "I had a baby" card as an excuse. Don't judge me! :) 
      5. NONSTOP Visitors! Like I love that everyone loves my baby and wants to see her. But just know, they only want to see the baby. Okay...maybe I don't know that for sure...But my question is... "Barbara, where were you all of my non-child days?!" People love babies. So expect to have a house full of long, lost family and friends at least for the first month. Think of it like hitting the lottery...except instead of asking for money...they want to hold your baby! 
      6. Not enough time... If you thought "time flies" before the baby...wait until he/she is here and growing before your very eyes. Time has always been my enemy in terms of rushing the clock at work. But now I want nothing more than time to creep ever so slowly by, so that my baby stays little just a little longer. 
      7. More Babies...Or Not! So everyone will be asking when the next baby will be here after the arrival of your first. But more than that...as a mother...you begin to contemplate whether your a "one and done" type or a "let's have 10!" type. During the labor process, I was absolutely certain I would be the first type and become an abstinent nun! However, that mom brain and heart kicked in and now I'm constantly taunting my husband with the thought of more kids...and by more I'm thinking 3 at the moment...who knows though...10 doesn't sound too bad. 
      8. Love. Let me just say, you do not know the meaning of this word until you become a mother. Not to be one sided or offend anyone in the back...but there is nothing like this feeling and I can honestly say my whole outlook, belief system, EVERYTHING has changed with the arrival of my little girl. She is all I think about, talk about, dream about...maybe I'm a bit obsessed. But this type of love is unexplainable, unimaginable, and indescribable. This type of love is so amazing...that it causes reasons 1-6 to become irrelevant and worth every minute, cause reason 7 to become a reality, and reason 8 to be the reason that you find yourself to be the happiest you have ever been in your entire life! So to all the soon-to-be mommas out there...you are beautiful, strong, and about to do the best thing you could ever possibly do..enjoy every. single. millisecond. 

Comments

  1. Awesome job baby!! All of that is true and so much more. Everything you say makes me think that was exactly how I felt when I had you. Children are a gift from God. You and Tory was my gifts. I cherished every MOMENT I had with y'all. I'm so glad you get to enjoy you daughter like a mother should. You have always deserved the best and I would have died trying to make that happen. Remember your addiction, so more babie means more clothes and nothing for you. You might not know this but anytime I got money as a gift, I spent it on you and your sister. A mother's love is like no other that is true. It's a love that gives and keeps on giving. When y'all was little I held you close to my heart, now your grown and all I hold is the memories of you in my arms. That is 1 place you will always be is in my heart. Love you sweet girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment